Guacamole is an essential part of Mexican cuisine. Depending on who you ask in Mexico, guacamole can be pretty elaborate. However, guacamole can also be simple without losing an ounce of its character. If you are looking for an easy and authentic guacamole recipe you are in for a treat. Keep reading to learn more!
An Easy (and Authentic) Guacamole Recipe
In addition to being delicious, authentic guacamole is easy to prepare and extremely versatile. You can add guacamole to your tacos, serve it as a garnish, or use it as a dip with corn chips.
Here’s what you will need to prepare authentic guacamole for six people.:
- 3 avocados
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 Onion (100 g., approximately)
- 1 small tomato
- 3 limes
Making guacamole doesn’t take more than 15 minutes and the result is well worth every second. The most traditional way to prepare guacamole is with a molcajete (a stone mortar and pestle), but using a bowl and the back of a spoon is a perfectly acceptable alternative used in Mexican households every day.
- Peel the avocados and remove the seeds.
- Mash the avocados using the back of a spoon until you achieve the characteristic avocado consistency.
- Chop the onion, cilantro, tomato, and serrano pepper.
- Mix everything together, making sure that all the ingredients are well integrated.
- Add lime juice and salt.
There you go. Now you have a bowl of delicious guacamole to upgrade your tacos or to enjoy as a dip for a movie night.
More Interesting Facts About Mexican Food
We love all the curious facts that surround authentic Mexican food. If you are hungry for more stories, then check out these previous posts:
- What is the best taco topping?
- 5 Words Mexicans use to talk about food
- Why are refried beans called like that?
- Why Are chili peppers so important in Mexican cuisine
- Who invented guacamole?
Enjoy Authentic Mexican Food at El Pollo Norteño!
If what you want is Authentic Mexican food in Anaheim, California, El Pollo Norteño is the place to go.
Visit today any of our four locations (Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Garden Grove), order online, get in touch through Facebook, or call 866-MI-POLLO to enjoy our authentic Mexican dishes: amazing chicken grilled to perfection over real Mesquite charcoal, caldo de pollo, flan, carnitas, carne asada, and more!