Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and no celebration is complete without great food. At El Pollo Norteño, we offer a menu full of delicious options to delight mom and all your family.
When Is Mother’s Day?
Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May. This means that Mother’s Day 2022 will be on Sunday, May 8.
It’s worth noting that other countries celebrate Mother’s Day on different dates. In Mexico, for example, Mother’s Day is always on May 10.
Regardless of whether you celebrate Mother’s Day on May 8 or May 10, the date is almost here, and that only means one thing — great food is in order!
What Do People in Mexico Eat for Mother’s Day?
As is often the case with this type of celebration, the menu for Mother’s Day in Mexico varies depending on the region.
For example, in Southern States like Yucatan, cochinita pibil, a dish of slow-roasted pork, is extremely popular.
In other states, like Oaxaca, any special occasion is a good excuse to make tamales.
As for other regions of Mexico, most popular dishes are well represented in the menu of El Pollo Norteño:
- Grilled chicken
- Tacos al pastor
- Carne asada
If you have difficulties choosing just one or two dishes, don’t worry — we have family packages!
- Family pack #1 (7-8 people): 2 chickens, 1 qt. rice, 1 qt. beans, salsa, tortillas & 1 free chicken
- Family pack #2 (7-8 people): 1 lb. asada, 1 lb. carnitas, 1 qt. beans, 1 qt. rice salsa, tortillas & 1 Free chicken
- Family pack #3 (4-6 people): 2 lb. carnitas, tortillas, salsa, 2 side orders ( 20 oz.each )
- Family pack #4 (4-6 people): 1 lb. Carne asada, 1 chicken, tortillas, salsa, 2 side orders ( 20 oz.each)
- Family pack #5 (8-10 people): 4 whole chicken, 44 oz. rice, 44 oz., beans, salsa & tortillas
El Pollo Norteño: Authentic Mexican Food
Hungry for delicious, authentic Mexican food? Contact El Pollo Norteño today!
Visit any of our four locations (Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Garden Grove), order online, get in touch through Facebook, or call 866-MI-POLLO to enjoy our authentic Mexican dishes: amazing chicken grilled to perfection over real Mesquite charcoal, caldo de pollo, flan, carnitas, carne asada, and more.