In previous posts, we saw how Mexican food has become a staple of space missions. However, Mexican cuisine is also a global sensation here on Earth. Keep reading to discover why.
Mexican Food Is Going Global
From food trucks in Berlin to Mexican fusion restaurants in Tokyo, Mexican cuisine is gaining new fans all over the world.
While this is a complex phenomenon, we believe there are three main reasons behind this interest:
- Mexican food is tasty. No cuisine can be successful globally without fulfilling a basic requirement: being delicious. Mexican food passes this test with flying colors.
- Mexican food is convenient. There’s a reason why tacos are going to space. Mexican food is unfussy and easy to eat (except mole, that is).
- Mexican food is versatile. Mexican dishes are customizable by nature. Just think of all the possible ways there are to make a taco: with meat only; with meat and beans; with meat, cilantro, and salsa; campechaneados (tacos with more than one type of meat).
Versatility and Tradition
Of all these factors, versatility is probably the most interesting aspect of the growing popularity of Mexican food.
Mexican cuisine is so versatile that it’s really easy to bend any recipe to adapt it and merge it with other traditions. It already happened with Tex-Mex food, and it will probably happen again. The possibilities are really exciting. Can you imagine Indian-Mexican food or a Japanese-Mexican menu?
However, tradition will always be important because it nurtures and grounds all these innovations. Whether it’s in outer space or in faraway countries, we are always happy to see Mexican food succeed.
And we are always happy and proud to honor this delicious tradition.
More Interesting Facts About Mexican Food
If you are hungry for more stories and facts about Mexican food, then check out these previous posts:
- 5 Ideas for a Mexican-style Thanksgiving menu
- Dia de Muertos and food: some interesting facts
- Mexican food in space: 3 facts you probably didn’t know
- Which is the best part of the Chicken?
Enjoy Authentic Mexican Food at El Pollo Norteño!
Looking for authentic Mexican food to celebrate Mexico’s Independence Day in, Anaheim, Santa Ana, or Garden Grove? Then El Pollo Norteño is the place to go.
Visit today any of our four locations (Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Garden Grove), order online, get in touch through Facebook, or call 866-MI-POLLO to enjoy our authentic Mexican dishes: amazing chicken grilled to perfection over real Mesquite charcoal, caldo de pollo, flan, carnitas, carne asada, and more!