When you love Mexican food as much as we do, you always want to save one or two tacos for later. But can tacos be reheated? In today’s post, we tackle this question, and offer some useful taco tips. Follow along to learn more!
Can Tacos Be Reheated?
Yes! Mexican tacos made with soft corn or flour tortilla can be reheated. You have two options when it comes to reheating your tacos: stovetop or microwave. Let’s take a look at both alternatives.
Reheating Tacos on the Stovetop
This is the traditional way to reheat your tacos, as microwaves weren’t commonplace in Mexico until well into the 1990s. Before that, taco lovers relied on their stovetops to reheat their tacos. Here’s what you need to keep in mind:
- Pre-heat a frying pan or griddle at medium-high heat
- Place the tacos on the hot frying pan/griddle lying on one of their sides
- After a while, rearrange the tacos and switch the side touching the frying pan/griddle
- Enjoy your tacos!
Reheating Tacos in the Microwave
- First of all, make sure to use a microwave-safe plate
- Cover the surface of the place with slightly damp paper towels
- Place the tacos on the plate and reheat in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds on high heat
What About Tacos Dorados?
As for tacos dorados (tacos made with fried tortillas), you can reheat them too. However, microwaving tacos dorados can cause them to lose their crunchiness, so Mexicans prefer to use a griddle or frying pan with a drizzle of oil.
Alternatively, you can reheat your tacos dorados in an electric oven. Just cover an oven-safe container with slightly damp napkins, place the tacos inside, and cover the container with aluminum wrap. Then place the container in the oven at 350º F for about 10 minutes.
El Pollo Norteño: Authentic Mexican Food
Craving delicious, authentic Mexican food made with ingredients of the highest quality? El Pollo Norteño has you covered!
Visit any of our five locations (Anaheim, Santa Ana, Garden Grove, and Lake Forest), order online, get in touch through Facebook, or call 866-MI-POLLO to enjoy our vast selection of authentic Mexican dishes.